Some formula./ valencies: Ammonia NH3, Calcium Ca2+, Carbon dioxide gas CO2, Bi-carbonate HCO3-, Carbonate CO32-, Chloride Cl-, Hydrogen gas H2, Lithium Li+, Nitrate NO3-, Nitric acid HNO3, Nitrogen gas N2, Nitrogen monoxide NO, Nitrogen dioxide NO2, NItrous acid HNO2, Oxygen gas O2, Phophate PO43-, Potassium K+, Silver Ag+, Sodium Na+
Write a balanced chemical equation for each of the following reactions in a word processor.
- A solution of glucose (C6H12O6) ferments without oxygen to produce a solution of ethanol(C2H5OH) and carbon dioxide gas.
- In the process of photosynthesis, plants use carbon dioxide and water to make glucose(C6H12O6) and oxygen.
- A solution of silver nitrate reacts with a solution of potassium phosphate to produces a yellow precipitate of silver phosphate.
- Sodium bi-carbonate, NaHCO3 and vingear, CH3COOH react to produce carbon dioxide, water and a salt.
- In the Haber process nitrogen and hydrogen gas combine to produce ammonia
- In the Solvay process calcium carbonate and sodium chloride are used to produce calcium chloride and sodium carbonate via a indirect pathway.
- Brown nitrogen dioxide gas combines with water to produce a mixture of nitric acid and nitrous acid.
- Sodium oxide dissolves in water to produce a strong alkali solution
- Lithium hydroxide is used in space missions to remove carbon dioxide from the air. Lithium carbonate and water are produced.
- Colourless nitrogen monoxide combines with oxygen to produce brown nitrogen dioxide.