Some formula./ valencies: Ammonia gas NH3, Ammonium NH4+, Barium Ba2+, Carbon dioxide gas CO2, Chloride Cl-, Cu(II) Cu2+, Hydroxide OH-, Iodide I-, Lead Pb2+, Mercury(II) Hg2+, Nitrate NO3-, Oxide O2-, Oxygen gas O2, Potassium K+, Sodium Na+, Sulfate SO42-, Sulfuric acid H2SO4
Write a balanced chemical equation for each of the following reactions in a word processor.
1. Copper sulfate and sodium hydroxide when mixed produce a precipitate of copper hydroxide and a solution of sodium sulfate.
2.Copper hydroxide when heated produces black copper oxide and steam.
3, Copper oxide when heated in the presence of hydrogen produces copper metal and water.
4. Concentrated sodium hydroxide will react with ammonium chloride to produce the gas ammonia, a salt and water.
5. A mixture of potassium iodide and lead nitrate produces a salt solution and precipitate.
6. The complete combustion of methane (CH4) produces carbon dioxide and water
7. The combustion of ethanol, (C2H5OH) produces carbon dioxide and water
8. The combustion of glucose, (C6H12O6) produces carbon dioxide and water
9. Barium chloride reacts with sulfuric acid to produce a white precipitate and water
10. A solution of mercury(II) nitrate reacts with a solution of potassium iodide to produce a bright orange mercury(II) iodide precipiate