Some formula./ valencies: Ammonia NH3, Calcium Ca2+, Carbon dioxide gas CO2, Bi-carbonate HCO3-, Carbonate CO32-, Chloride Cl-, Hydrogen gas H2, Lithium Li+, Nitrate NO3-, Nitric acid HNO3, Nitrogen gas N2, Nitrogen monoxide NO, Nitrogen dioxide NO2, NItrous acid HNO2, Oxygen gas O2, Phophate PO43-, Potassium K+, Silver Ag+, Sodium Na+
Write a balanced chemical equation for each of the following reactions in a word processor.
1. A solution of glucose (C6H12O6) ferments without oxygen to produce a solution of ethanol(C2H5OH) and carbon dioxide gas.
2. In the process of photosynthesis, plants use carbon dioxide and water to make glucose(C6H12O6) and oxygen.
3. A solution of silver nitrate reacts with a solution of potassium phosphate to produces a yellow precipitate of silver phosphate.
4. Sodium bi-carbonate, NaHCO3 and vingear, CH3COOH react to produce carbon dioxide, water and a salt.
5. In the Haber process nitrogen and hydrogen gas combine to produce ammonia
6. In the Solvay process calcium carbonate and sodium chloride are used to produce calcium chloride and sodium carbonate via a indirect pathway.
7. Brown nitrogen dioxide gas combines with water to produce a mixture of nitric acid and nitrous acid.
8. Sodium oxide dissolves in water to produce a strong alkali solution
9. Lithium hydroxide is used in space missions to remove carbon dioxide from the air. Lithium carbonate and water are produced.
10. Colourless nitrogen monoxide combines with oxygen to produce brown nitrogen dioxide.